Hello friends! I’m back from my blogging break. We have a few calm days before flag football starts. That’s life, right? Today I’m sharing a recipe for banana bread that is totally different than any banana bread I’ve ever tried before.
I like to think of it as banana bread on steroids. This bread is loaded with goodies! Chocolate chips, cherries, coconut, . . . and more. My boys have loved snacking on it when they get home from school. I will admit that I probably ate a few too many slices. But it’s so darn good!
If you’re looking for a banana bread recipe that kicks things up a notch, you should really give this a try!
Loaded Banana Bread Recipe
Loaded Banana Bread
This is not your typical banana bread recipe. It is loaded with coconut, pecans, cherries, mandarin oranges, and chocolate chips. So decadent!
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed bananas (3-4 very ripe bananas)
- 1 11oz. can mandarin oranges, drained well
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl; add eggs and vanilla. Beat in bananas and oranges.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Add remaining ingredients and stir gently till just combined.
- Pour into two well greased 8x4" loaf pans that have been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
Leave a Reply