Macaroon Kiss Cookies . . . soft and chewy coconut macaroons made even better with the addition of a Hershey kiss. An easy cookie recipe for coconut fans!
Coconut Macaroon Kiss Cookies
Coconut is one of those things that people either love or hate. I happen to be a coconut fan. Especially toasted coconut – I could eat that stuff by the spoonful!
I love a good coconut macaroon, and those toasty bits of coconut on the edges are my favorite part.
Of course the only thing better than coconut is coconut and chocolate together. I’ve made dipped coconut macaroons, but I wanted something that was even more simple to make.
I thought of my peanut butter kiss cookies, and just knew I had to try the same technique with macaroons. Worked like a charm!
Macaroon kiss cookies are so easy to make. You don’t even need a mixer. Just stir the ingredients together in a mixing bowl, or even use your hands. That’s what I do.
To make the cookies all a uniform size so that they bake evenly, I like to use a cookie scoop. Macaroons can be pretty sticky, so I always line my pans with a silicone liner. You can use parchment paper instead if you prefer.
While the cookies are baking, you want to unwrap your Hershey kisses. As soon as you take the macaroons out of the oven, push a kiss into the center of each one. Then all you have to do is wait for them to cool. That’s the hard part. 😉
If you love coconut like I do, you will be happy to hear that today is National Macaroon Day. I’m teaming up with my Celebrating Food Bloggers to bring you 15 fabulous macaroon recipes. Enjoy!
9 new macaroon recipes:
- Lemon Coconut Macaroon Cookies from Simply Stacie
- Almond Coconut Macaroons from Savory Experiments
- Coconut Pineapple Macaroon Bars from Heather Likes Food
- Macaroon Kiss Cookies from Creations by Kara
- Easy Coconut Macaroons from Real Mom Kitchen
- Chocolate Coconut Macaroons from Pretty Providence
- Gluten Free Macaroons from Namely Marly
- Coconut Macaroon Brownies from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Chocolate Coconut Macaroon Tart from Ashlee Marie
6 More Marvelous Macaroon Recipes:
- Chocolate Dipped Macaroons from Creations by Kara
- Coconut Macaroon Nests with Nutella from Creations by Kara
- Macaroon Filled Brownies from Creations by Kara
- Chocolate Cherry Coconut Macaroons from Dessert Now, Dinner Later
- Strawberry Coconut Macaroons from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Chocolate Mousse Pie with Macaroon Crust from Cupcake Project
Macaroon Kiss Cookies
Macaroon Kiss Cookies
Chewy coconut macaroon cookies topped with a Hershey kiss.
- 2/3 cup flour
- 5 1/2 cups coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 12oz bag Hershey kisses
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir till well blended. I like to just use my hands.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets lined with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Immediately press a Hershey's kiss into the center of each cookie.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g
Do you use sweetened or unsweetened coconut?
I usually use sweetened coconut because that’s what I have on hand, but it’s just a matter of preference. Unsweetened will also work, the cookies will just be a little less sweet. But some people might like them better that way. 🙂
Can I freeze them with the candy kiss in them?
Yum!!!! I love anything with coconut – and you definitely can’t go wrong with kisses either!
I’m a huge coconut fan- can’t wait to try these!
Love the addition of the Hershey kiss to the macaroon! Can’t wait to try it!
Oooh, I’ve never seen these with coconut. Yum!
Delicious! Love the coconut and chocolate combo! 🙂
Love this mix of two of my very favorite things!
These cookies are so delicious and easy – my kids gobbled them up in no time!
These look AMAZING! I’m going to add these to my list of cookies to bake this holiday season!
Thanks Jennifer! Let me know how they turn out for you. 🙂
I’m crazy about macaroons! They are one of my favourite cookies.
Same here! I love anything with coconut, and adding chocolate just makes it better. 🙂