These Shortbread Cookies with Lime Cream Cheese Frosting are delightful. The cookies just melt in your mouth, and the frosting is out of this world!
Lately I have been obsessed with shortbread cookies. First up they are cute and round and little. But most importantly they are tender and buttery and just so GOOD! Especially with amazing frosting. You gotta have some epic frosting to make a really great butter cookie. The stuff in the can will not do.
This lime cream cheese frosting is one of my favorites to date. It is tart and sweet, and the lime adds such a fresh flavor. You will not be able to resist eating a spoonful. Unless you have willpower of steel. Which clearly I do not.
These are a perfect cookie for spring. Citrus and happy warm weather just go together!
More fabulous recipes featuring limes:
SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH LIME FROSTING
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- dash salt
Lime Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 Tbsp soft butter
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- dash salt
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar (more or less)
- Beat butter and powdered sugar till creamy. Stir in flour, cornstarch, and salt till well combined.
- Roll dough out into two logs that are 1" in diameter. (Chill dough for a few minutes if it is too sticky.)
- Wrap logs in plastic wrap and chill for at least two hours, or up to three days.
- To bake cookies, cut slices about 1/4" thick and place on un-greased cookie sheets. (I line mine with silpat mats.) Bake at 350° for about 9 minutes or till edges just start to brown. Cool completely on cooling racks.
- Frosting: Beat butter, cream cheese, and salt till smooth and creamy. Add lime zest and enough powdered sugar to make a spreadable frosting. Spread frosting on the tops of the cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g