This Toffee Brownie Chocolate Trifle recipe is perfect for chocolate lovers like me! It’s got layers of brownie, chocolate pudding, toffee, sweetened condensed milk, and whipped cream. It is heavenly!!
I love making trifle. It’s so simple to throw together, but it looks amazing. And of course it tastes incredible!
Every time I take trifle to potlucks, it is one of the first dishes to disappear. Everyone loves it! I’m always coming up with new variations of trifle, and this was one of our favorites. I just had to share it. Since it’s made of chocolate, it of course would be perfect on any Valentine’s Day menu. 🙂
I used the brownie base from my Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies, (I cut the recipe in half.) I am including the recipe below, but you can use your favorite brownie recipe, or even a boxed mix. As long as it’s a recipe for a 9×13″ pan, you’re good to go.
Toffee Brownie Chocolate Trifle
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 6 Tbsp milk
- 1 3 oz. box chocolate pudding
- 1 3 oz. box cheesecake pudding (you can use another box of chocolate if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup Heath milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1 1.4 ounce Heath bar
- BROWNIES: Combine all ingredients in order listed and mix till smooth.
- Pour into a well greased 9x13" pan. Bake at 350° for about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely. Cut into squares. I usually cut off the edges and let my kids eat them.
- FILLING: Beat pudding mix, sweetened condensed milk, and milk till smooth. Set aside.
- Whip cream till soft peaks form, then beat in powdered sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large trifle bowl, layer half of the brownie squares, half of the pudding, 1/2 cup of the toffee bits, and half of the sweetened whipped cream. Repeat layers. Top with crushed heath bar.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 513Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 250mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 1gSugar: 42gProtein: 7g