Cinnamon Roll Cake . . . the goodness of an ooey gooey cinnamon roll without all the work. An unbeatable cinnamon cake recipe!
I love a good ooey gooey homemade cinnamon roll warm from the oven. Who doesn’t? But sometimes I just don’t have the time to make up a batch. When I saw this recipe for cinnamon roll cake, I was intrigued. I’ve been meaning to make it for ages, and finally got around to it. Oh.My. People, you need to make this cake!
It is easy to whip up, and it is full of cinnamon roll yumminess. You drop spoonfuls of buttery cinnamon sugar mixture all over the cake batter. Then swirl it gently with a knife and pop it in the oven.
The cinnamon filling melts all down into the cake, and the glaze seeps into every crack and crevice, making the cake extra moist and yummy. Every bite is melt in your mouth delicious!
You drizzle the vanilla glaze on while the cake is still hot, so it’s a perfect last minute dessert.
Doesn’t it look amazing? I assure you that it tastes just as good as you are imagining that it does! I think it is a must to serve it warm, so if you happen to have any leftovers, just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds.
If you love cinnamon, give these tasty recipes a try:
- Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
- One Hour Cinnamon Rolls
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake
What are you waiting for? This cinnamon roll cake is calling your name. Go make it!
CINNAMON ROLL CAKE
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 vanilla beans or 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean (scrape out the seeds) or 1/2 tsp vanilla
- dash salt
- Whisk together flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and nutmeg. Add milk, eggs, and vanilla bean seeds. Whisk or beat till smooth. Stir in the melted butter.
- Spread batter in a greased 9x13" pan. Combine the filling ingredients and drop by spoonfuls over the cake batter. Swirl with a butter knife.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes. Cool for about 20 minutes.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients till smooth and drizzle over the hot cake. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from: Lil' Luna
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 4g