Quick Cinnamon Rolls . . . it’s true, you can have light and fluffy homemade cinnamon rolls in just an hour! If you love cinnamon rolls, this recipe is a game changer.
We love cinnamon rolls at our house. I’ve made basic (but awesome) Cinnamon Rolls, Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls, and even Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls. These are so speedy they are sure to climb to the top of the list!
QUICK CINNAMON ROLL RECIPE
We are big fans of cinnamon rolls at my house, and my kids tell me that I don’t make them nearly often enough. Well, I think that with this new one hour cinnamon roll method, they will be making an appearance on our table more often!
I’d seen recipes for one hour rolls online, but I was hesitant to try them because I thought they would either have the texture of hockey pucks, or have a yeasty taste.
Then I went to a class at Pinner’s Conference and watched my friend Leigh Anne make cinnamon rolls in an hour. I got to sample them. They blew my mind! I knew I had to make them at home.
Guys, these cinnamon rolls really are amazing. So soft and fluffy, and just downright delicious. My family was in heaven, and they couldn’t believe they only took an hour to make.
Well technically, they took an hour and eight minutes. But that’s because I had to stop in the middle and hang up a permanent press load in the dryer. And I couldn’t find my cinnamon because someone had put it away in the wrong place.
So yes, you can actually have warm cinnamon rolls in your mouth in an hour. Sixty minutes people!
I tweaked the recipe a bit from Leigh Anne’s version. She used bread flour, but I don’t keep that on hand. So I added gluten to the dough. That adds the extra protein that is in bread flour. I also added more butter and cinnamon to the filling, because I like my cinnamon rolls plenty cinnamony.
How to make Quick Cinnamon Rolls in One Hour
Ingredients for these rolls:
- warm water
- instant yeast
- canola oil
- wheat gluten
- ground cinnamon
You will make up a soft dough just like regular cinnamon rolls, but an extra boost of yeast makes these rolls rise faster. The dough rests for ten minutes, then you form cinnamon rolls and place them on a greased pan. They rise for about 20 minutes while the oven preheats.
Bake them for about 20 minutes, then slather them with cream cheese frosting. That’s it. If you’re a busy cook, this is the perfect cinnamon roll recipe.
Give them a try. I know you’ll love them!
MORE FABULOUS BREAD RECIPES:
Quick Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, warmed in the microwave
- 3 Tbsp instant yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup wheat gluten
- 5 1/2 cups all purpose flour (more or less)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp cinnamon (I used 3 tablespoons)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk as needed
- Combine warm water, warm buttermilk, yeast, sugar, and oil in the bowl of a stand mixer. Let yeast mixture sit till it bubbles, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the salt, eggs, gluten, and about 2 cups of the flour. Beat with the dough hook till smooth. Add enough flour to make a soft dough that is easy to work with. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise for 10 minutes.
- With a rolling pin, roll dough out on a counter sprayed with non-stick spray into a rectangle about 12'x16". Spread the melted butter over the entire surface. Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the butter.
- Roll the dough up lengthwise, and pinch to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place each roll on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Cover with waxed paper that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Turn on the oven to 375°. Let the rolls rise for 15 minutes while the oven is preheating. Remove waxed paper and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, prepare your frosting. Beat the butter and cream cheese till smooth. Add the salt, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Beat till creamy, adding milk as needed. Frost rolls while they are still warm.
If you have bread flour, use it in place of the all purpose flour. Just omit the gluten.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 564Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 433mgCarbohydrates: 96gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 5gSugar: 45gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 10g