Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake – with pockets of ooey gooey cinnamon swirl in every bite, this may become your new favorite pumpkin cake!
I posted a recipe for cinnamon roll cake on my site a few years ago. It is absolutely fantastic, and a huge hit every time I make it. I saw a pumpkin version on Picky Palette last year, and it looked incredible.
But it started with a cake mix, which I didn’t have. So I just tweaked my scratch recipe for cinnamon roll cake, and came up with a fabulous new fall dessert that had my whole family drooling!
This pumpkin cinnamon roll cake is ooey and gooey and loaded with pumpkin spice flavor. Just like a cinnamon roll, it is best served warm. With the icing melting down into all the nooks and crannies, it is simply divine!
This cake comes together so quickly, and trust me – everyone will love it! Don’t you just want to dig in?
Handy Supplies for making Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake
-You don’t need a mixer for this cake, so you definitely want a great whisk. I have several, and I make sure I buy the ones that are dishwasher safe!
-You want to melt your butter in a glass dish. I love using a glass measuring cup, because the butter pours out without making a mess.
-I’ve found it much easier to serve cakes and brownies with a small metal spatula. A must have tool for any kitchen!
More pumpkin goodness:
Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- dash salt
- Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl.
- Add milk, eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla. Whisk or beat till smooth. Stir in the melted butter.
- Spread batter in a greased 9x13" pan.
- Combine the filling ingredients and drop by spoonfuls over the cake batter. Swirl with a butter knife.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes. Let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients till smooth and drizzle over the hot cake. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 256mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g