Pumpkin Apple Muffins are a perfect fall breakfast or brunch. You won’t believe how moist and delicious they are! I got the recipe from a friend years ago, and they have been a family favorite ever since!
We had lots of snow last week. Lots. Nothing puts me more in a baking mood than a blizzard. I love how it warms up the house and makes it smell so wonderful. However, we were pretty much all sugared out because of Christmas, so I didn’t feel like making or eating treats. I made lots of bread and even tried a few recipes. I will be posting them later (well, my favorites anyway.) But first, a tried and true favorite.
A few of my boys would eat cereal for breakfast every day if I would let them. Even when it is cold and snowy outside. I, on the other hand, am not a big fan of cereal. I make up batches of muffins and store them in the freezer so I always have some on hand. Then I can just pop them in the microwave and have wonderful warm muffins even when I don’t have time to cook.
These muffins are one of my favorites. In addition to the healthy pumpkin, they are loaded with fruit and nuts. Sometimes I substitute wheat flour for some of the white flour to make them even more healthy. They are moist and wonderful!
RECIPE FOR PUMPKIN APPLE MUFFINS
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- dash cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups diced apples
- 1/2 cup Craisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Spray two muffin pans with non stick cooking spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Peel and dice the apples.
- Mix pumpkin, applesauce, oil, and eggs in a small bowl.
- Add to dry ingredients with apples, craisins, and nuts.
- Fill prepare muffin cups.
- Bake at 350° for about 18 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g