Soft on the inside, golden on the outside, these decadent White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies are sure to be a favorite! Salted macadamia nuts add a perfect balance to the sweet white chocolate, making every bite pure cookie bliss.
These bakery style cookies are crisp on the edges, but nice and chewy in the middle. Everywhere I take them, people comment on the great flavor. I’ve been told they are better than the ones people spend a fortune for at specialty bakeries!
My mom made these cookies for me years ago when I came home from college for a weekend visit. After one bite, I was hooked. I made sure I got the recipe before I went back to school, and I’ve been making them ever since!
Macadamia nuts can be pricey, so I don’t always keep them on hand. I’ve also made these with chopped pecans, and they are still delicious!
These cookies are so easy to make. If you can make chocolate chip cookies, these will also be a cinch. I just have a few secrets that I think make them turn out perfectly every time. Ready?
How to make the BEST Macadamia Nut Cookies:
- I love using butter, but these cookies are actually even better with part butter/part margarine. I don’t keep margarine on hand, but when I do use it for this recipe, it does make a difference. They are still great with all butter, but the texture isn’t as amazing.
- Brown sugar – instead of half white and half brown sugar, these cookies are made with all brown sugar. It gives them a deep almost caramel like flavor that is unbeatable. It also makes them extra chewy.
- My best little secret is a bit of maple flavoring in the dough. It may sound strange, but trust me, it makes them taste amazing!
This recipe makes about four dozen cookies, so you will have plenty to share. Or if you prefer, you can freeze them. I like to store mine in heavy duty ziplock freezer bags. They will last for at least 3-4 months in the freezer.
When you’re ready to eat them, you can thaw them at room temperature, or just pop one in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds.
MORE FAVORITE COOKIE RECIPES:
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp maple flavoring
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted macadamia nuts
- Spray baking sheets with non stick cooking spray or line with silicone liners. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in a large bowl till creamy. Add eggs, vanilla, and maple flavoring and beat well.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bow. Gently stir into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Scoop up tablespoons of dough, then roll them into balls and place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool on pans for a 3-5 minutes, then remove to cooling racks.
-The maple flavoring is what gives these cookies their amazing taste, so don't leave it out.
-You may need more or less flour, depending on the size of your eggs.
-If you don't have macadamia nuts, these are still great with pecans.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g