Bacon Cheese Rolls – Celebrate International Bacon Day (or any day) with these soft and flavorful rolls. They are bursting with bacon and gooey cheese. So yummy!
Soup weather is just around the corner, and there is nothing better with a bowl of soup than a fresh and hot homemade roll. Mmmm. We love good old fashioned rolls at our house, but I also like to liven things up every once and awhile.
I decided to try adding bacon and cheese to one of my roll recipes. Oh goodness. These bacon and cheese rolls are beyond delicious! The cheese on the outside is nice and crispy, but the cheese on the inside is melted and gooey. And of course there’s the bacon. Yum!
I served these alongside a bowl of my homemade Ham Potato Chowder, and it was fantastic. The rolls are so good dipped into the chowder. We had enough for leftovers the next day, and they were just as wonderful heated in the microwave for a few seconds. Oh my goodness.
The method for making these rolls is similar to cinnamon rolls. To simplify things, you could even use frozen bread dough that has been thawed. Just roll the dough out, spread on the butter, and add the bacon and cheese.
Then roll up the dough, cut into slices, and place in muffin tins.
Let raise till doubled, then bake them till lightly browned. They are absolutely fabulous fresh from the oven!
If you need a few more reasons to celebrate International Bacon Day, I’m teaming up with my awesome Celebrating Food friends to give you even more reasons to eat bacon. But really, do you need an excuse?
Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Chicken Rollups from Yummy Healthy Easy
Bacon Wrapped Meatballs from Butter with a Side of Bread
Smothered Pork Chops with Bacon Crumbles from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
BLT Cobb Salad from Life Made Simple
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza from The Baker Upstairs
Bacon Cheese Pastries from Food, Crafts, and Family
Maple Bacon Waffles from Real Mom Kitchen
Bacon Cheese Rolls from Creations by Kara (you’re here!)
Bacon Jam from The Stay At Home Chef
Maple Bacon Cinnamon Rolls from Ashlee Marie
Even more bacon recipes:
- 5 cups flour (more or less)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp instant yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp soft butter
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled cooked bacon
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- For dough: In a large mixing bowl combine 2 cups of the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
- Heat the milk, water, and butter in a saucepan till the butter melts. Add to dry ingredients and beat for 2 minutes. Add the eggs and another cup of flour and beat till smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a dough that is stiff but still soft.
- Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
- To assemble: Divide dough in half and roll each portion into a rectangle about 20" x 6". Brush each rectangle with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter, 3/4 cup bacon bits, and 2 cups cheese.
- Roll up and pinch the edge to seal. Cut each roll into 12 pieces, and place each piece in a well greased muffin cup. Let raise for 30-45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for about 18-20 minutes or till golden brown. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 391mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g