Peanut Butter Waffles – These tasty waffles are a great way to add a little more protein to your breakfast! The peanut butter syrup is absolutely divine!
I am always looking for ways to add a little protein into our breakfast menu. Not only is it good for you, it’s great at keeping teenage boys full a little longer than thirty minutes.
Peanut butter is always a hit at my house, and it’s one food that I always have on hand. When I saw a peanut butter waffle recipe at Cupcake Diaries, I knew I needed to try it!
Well, they turned out just fabulous, and my family loved them! I recommend using crunchy peanut butter, it adds a nice crunch to the waffles, and pumps up the peanut butter flavor. Delicious!
We must talk about the peanut butter syrup. Oh my. It is so easy to make, but it is absolutely heavenly. I think it’s a must for these waffles. I mean, doesn’t that just make your mouth water? Mmmmm.
I’m telling you, if you love peanut butter, you are going to love and adore this recipe! If you really want to be decadent, you could add a few chocolate chips to the waffle batter. Just don’t tell my kids about it. 😉
Other yummy breakfast recipes:
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- Banana Pancakes
- Bacon Breakfast Casserole
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Breakfast Sliders
- Oatmeal Pancakes
- Diner Style Pancakes
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- Buttermilk Syrup
- German Pancakes
Peanut Butter Waffles Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I recommend crunchy)
Peanut Butter Syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla, and peanut butter till smooth.
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir till barely combined. Cook in a hot waffle iron and serve warm.
- For syrup: Bring sugar and water to a full rolling bowl in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Stir till peanut butter is melted and syrup is smooth. Syrup thickens as it cools.
-Recipe yields about a cup of syrup. If you like a lot of syrup with your waffles, you may want to double the batch.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 632Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 579mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 3gSugar: 33gProtein: 17g
If you love peanut butter, what better way to start the day than a stack of homemade peanut butter waffles topped with creamy peanut butter syrup!