Pumpkin Cobbler – this yummy pumpkin dessert is so easy to make, and tastes just like fall. It is absolutely incredible with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
I adapted my recipe for Hot Fudge Pudding Dessert to come up with this yummy dessert. It’s seriously delicious.
I have been waiting for ages to share this awesome recipe for easy pumpkin cobbler. Since today is the first day of September, I figured it is close enough to fall that pumpkin recipes are now acceptable! 🙂
I actually made this recipe earlier this year. March I think. But by the time I got the photos all edited, warm weather was just around the corner, and I knew no one was thinking about pumpkins anymore. So I decided to wait to share it. It was so delicious, I can’t wait to make it again!
Honestly, the first time I made it I wasn’t even sure it would turn out. I’ve never adapted a chocolate recipe into a pumpkin spice recipe before, so I was just crossing my fingers that it would taste as good as I imagined it would. . .
oh. my. word. This stuff is absolutely amazing! The pumpkin cake is tender and flavorful, the pecans add a yummy crunch, and the caramel cinnamon sauce takes it over the top to make one incredible dessert! It is so easy to make, but looks and tastes simply divine.
How to Make Pumpkin Cobbler
In case you aren’t familiar with my hot fudge pudding dessert, this may seem like a strange recipe. You spread the batter in the greased pan, sprinkle it with brown sugar, spices, and nuts, then pour hot water over the top.
It seems crazy to just pour water on top of your cake, but trust me, it all works out. You don’t need to stir it together. As it bakes, the water and sugars sink to the bottom to form a yummy sauce, and the cake rises to the top. It’s magical!
And trust me, you are going to need to serve this pumpkin cobbler with ice cream. So yummy!
A few more fabulous pumpkin recipes:
- Chewy White Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Cream Cheese Topping
- Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Magic Pumpkin Cobbler
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and spices. Add the pumpkin, oil, and vanilla. Stir just till blended.
- Spread into a well greased round casserole dish or 9" square pan.
- Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the batter. Pour hot water over the top.
- Bake at 350° for about 50-60 minutes. The cake will rise to the top, it should be cooked through, but there will be sauce at the bottom.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe inspired by Lauren's Latest
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 2gSugar: 42gProtein: 3g