I will admit that I am not one that gets the heebie jeebies eating raw cookie dough. At least not in small quantities. But for this truffle recipe I wanted to make a cookie dough that did not contain eggs. I got my inspiration from these Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I tweaked it a bit to get a good consistency that would hold up to dipping. They were a huge hit! My family loved them, and I also took a plate to a church activity and I came home with an empty plate. Drizzling the white chocolate on top is optional, but it sure does make them look pretty!
-I like to dip my truffles with a fork, tap the extra chocolate off, then scrape the bottom of the fork on the side of the bowl to get rid of the excess so it doesn’t pool at the bottom.
-I also use a toothpick to help me scoot the truffle off of the fork and onto the waxed paper.
-I melt my white chocolate in a ziplock bag and snip a tiny hole in the corner. Makes it so much easier to control the drizzle. 🙂
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2# candy coating, melted
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl till creamy. Beat in sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir in flour, salt, graham cracker crumbs, and chocolate chips.
- Roll in small balls. Dip in melted chocolate and place on waxed paper till chocolate sets up.
- Drizzle with white chocolate if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g