A homemade Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are a heavenly way to cool off on a hot summer day!
I don’t know who invented ice cream sandwiches, but they were a genius!! It is so awesome to be able to eat a cold and creamy treat without even having to dirty a bowl. Because who wants to be washing dishes? Not this mom.
Of course we’ve eaten our share of store bought ice cream sandwiches. I’m not knocking them, they are fabulous. But homemade ice cream sandwiches take it up a notch.
And I love that I can control the ingredients and the flavor of ice cream. We’ve tried vanilla and cookies and cream, both were fabulous. Next time I’m going to go chocolate overload and try them with rocky road. Yum!
I love how pretty the cookies look with the sugar crystals and chocolate chips on top. And they are nice and chocolatey. So good!
They are delicious served right away, but I actually like them best after they have been stored in the freezer for a few days. The cookies soften up a bit. These will definitely be making an appearance often at our house!
Here are a few other fabulous recipes for cooling off during the summer!!
Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Cream butter and sugars in a mixing bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla. Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda, and salt; stir into creamed mixture till well combined.
- Scoop into tablespoon sized portions, then roll into balls.
- Place on lightly greased or silpat lined cookie sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 375° for about 8 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
- To assemble, place a scoop of ice cream (about 1/4 cup) on the bottom of a cookie. Top with another cookie and press together. Serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 241mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
Supplies used to make these treats: