I made this yummy chocolate mint bundt cake for Christmas Eve dinner. You know, the night when the card on my camera wasn’t in all the way and none of my pictures turned out. Trust me, it made a beautiful presentation. But all I have is a picture of a leftover piece the next day. It still looks yummy, but it’s not as pretty as the whole cake was on my fancy platter. Oh well.
This is basically the same recipe as Chocolate Lover’s Bundt Cake that I posted way back in the day when I only had about 5 readers. I just tweaked it to make it mint flavored. Either variety is fabulously moist and wonderful and is guaranteed to add a couple inches to your hips every time you walk past it. 😉 And as a bonus, they both start with a cake mix, so they are really easy.
Chocolate Mint Bundt Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup light sour cream (Regular and fat free also work.)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 3 oz box instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil (more or less)
- 12 Andes mints
- Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, water, pudding, oil, and peppermint extract in a large bowl. Beat till well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a well greased and floured bundt cake pan. Bake at 350 for about 45-50 minutes.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes in pan, then dump out onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Melt white chips with the oil. Add enough oil that it is runny enough to drizzle. Drizzle over the cake.
- Melt Andes mints in the microwave at half power. Stir till creamy, then drizzle over the white chocolate.
-You can use more or less chocolate for the topping. Whatever works for you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g