This Chocolate Truffle recipe couldn’t be more simple. You are just a few ingredients away from decadent and creamy bites of heaven!
When I was growing up, my mom used to make these simple truffles all the time. We called them mudballs, and that’s still what my kids call them. Whatever you call them, they are amazingly simple and delicious!
I like them best with toasted almonds in them, but you can make them plain if you want. It is hard to believe something so easy can be so yummy. 🙂
Looking for more tasty candy recipes? Give these a try!
Chocolate Truffle Recipe
- 4 4.25oz Symphony bars
- 12 oz container of Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 2/3 graham cracker crumbs (or vanilla wafers, coconut, or finely chopped almonds)
- Melt chocolate at 50% power in a large glass bowl in the microwave. Chill for about 10 minutes, till cool but not cold.
- Quickly beat in the Cool Whip and beat till fluffy. Add almonds if desired. Chill till firm, at least 1 hour. (You can speed the process up by placing the bowl in the freezer instead.)
- Roll into balls and coat with crumbs, nuts, or coconut. Store in the refrigerator.
-You can use any chocolate you like, just as long as you use approximately 16 ounces. I've used regular Hershey bars, and even melted chocolate chips.
-If you use the Almond Toffee Symphony bars, you can omit the chopped almonds.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 44mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
To see all my candy recipes, click HERE!