Sweet Cooked Carrots . . . just a few simple ingredients will make your carrots taste fantastic!
I have been busy for the past two days baking tons of Christmas goodies for our neighbors, so I will be posting several fattening and completely unhealthy recipes in the next few days.
But for tonight, I am completely sugared out, so I am posting a non fattening and very healthy recipe.
My family loves baby carrots, both raw and cooked. Laura over at Real Mom Kitchen, posted this recipe a few weeks ago. It is really simple, but I will always cook carrots this way from now on.
The broth and the sugar really do improve the flavor of the carrots. (And it is so easy, why would you not do it for heaven’s sake?)
How to make Sweet Cooked Carrots
- carrots (You can use baby carrots, or peel and slice large carrots.)
- chicken broth (I make my own with bouillon.)
- sugar (I use granulated sugar, but brown sugar would also be tasty.)
- butter (Salted butter is what I keep on hand, but unsalted will also work.)
- salt and pepper
Bring broth and sugar to a boil in a medium sized saucepan. Add carrots and cook till crisp tender, about 12-15 minutes. Drain and add butter, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat. Serve hot.
So easy, so delicious!
More tasty side dishes:
Recipe for Sweet Cooked Carrots
- 1 pound raw carrots
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring broth and sugar to a boil in a medium sized saucepan. Add carrots and cook till crisp tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- Drain carrots and add butter, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat. Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 325mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g