How to Make Almond Poppy Seed Bread
To skip my tips and see the full recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the post.
- all purpose flour (I prefer to use unbleached flour.)
- baking powder
- granulated sugar
- poppy seeds (I store mine in the freezer so they don’t turn rancid.)
- vanilla extract
- almond extract
- milk (I used 2%, but whole or skim milk will work just fine.)
- oil (vegetable, canola, or any oil liquid at room temperature)
- eggs (I use large eggs in all my recipes.)
HOW TO STORE POPPY SEED BREAD
Here are a couple more of our favorite quick bread recipes!
Almond Poppy Seed Bread Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/8 cups oil
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat for 2 minutes. Pour into well greased and floured loaf pans. (I line mine with parchment paper. Bake at 325.
- For two large loaves, bake for about 65-75 minutes
- For six small loaves, bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Bread is done when the edges turn light brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let loaves cool in pans for 5-10 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g