Cinnamon Roll Waffles – Loaded with swirls of cinnamon sugar and dripping with glaze, these waffles would make any morning a little bit brighter. They are scrumptious!
They are a delicious way to start the day, don’t you agree? Of course, since it’s a special day, I might even surprise them my serving waffles for dinner!
This recipe came about after my son made cinnamon roll waffles at school using canned dough. I’m trying to cut down on the processed food we eat, so I decided to come up with a from scratch version.
I knew I didn’t want to have to wait for yeast dough to rise, so I found a recipe for biscuit like cinnamon rolls in one of my old cookbooks. It’s pretty basic. Make the dough, roll it out, spread on the filling, roll it up, cut into slices.
I threw one on the waffle iron, and crossed my fingers. . . . .
Whoa. First up, they filled the house with an amazing spicy aroma while they were cooking. Then they came from the waffle iron with crispy cinnamon crunch along the edges, and ooey gooey cinnamon in the middle.
I thought my kids were going to rise up in rebellion while they had to wait for me to take pictures. When we finally sat down to eat, I drizzled them with a simple icing. Oh man. A mouthwatering success of epic proportions! People, you have to try these. Immediately.
Word of Warning – The cinnamon mixture does make a mess, so I recommend using a waffle iron with removable plates for easier cleanup. My brand is no longer sold, but you can find several versions on amazon.
I’m teaming up with nine other bloggers to bring you some of the most delicious waffle recipes you have ever seen. Seriously, how can you even choose which one to make first? So much yumminess below!
- Waffles with Maple Nut Buttercream Sauce from Summer Scraps
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles from Creations by Kara
- Golden Butter Waffles from Like Mother Like Daughter
- Vanilla Orange Waffles with Butter Syrup from Butter With a Side of Bread
- Lemon Poppyseed Waffles with Lemon Butter Syrup from Jamie Cooks it Up!
- Churro Waffles from Cupcake Diaries
- Liege Belgian Waffles from Real Mom Kitchen
- Gluten Free Banana Nut Waffles from Tried and Tasty
- Coconut Liege Waffles from Ashlee Marie
LOVE CINNAMON SUGAR? TRY THESE:
- Crockpot Rice Pudding
- Cinnamon Muffins
- Rhubarb Muffins
- Cinnamon Almonds
- Gooey Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
- Donut Muffins
- Cinnamon Ice Cream
Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (or vanilla)
- 2-3 tsp buttermilk (or milk)
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together the buttermilk and melted butter, pour into the dry ingredients. Stir lightly till just combined. Dough will be sticky.
- Generously flour your countertop, and roll or pat into a rectangle that is about 12″ x 9″.
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a small bowl. Spread evenly over the dough.
- Roll up lengthwise and pinch to seal the seam.
- Cut into 2-3″ slices, and place on a hot waffle iron that has been brushed with oil. Press down firmly for a few seconds.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or till golden brown.
- Whisk together the icing ingredients and drizzle over hot waffles.
These waffles do make a mess of your waffle iron, so I recommend using a waffle iron with removable plates for easier cleanup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 454Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 647mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 2gSugar: 39gProtein: 7g