This dessert is easy enough to whip up any day of the week, but it is also great for guest and holidays (especially Christmas).
If you don’t like cherries (like a certain member of my family), you can use another flavor of pie filling. When strawberries are in season, I top it with sliced berries that I have sugared. Basically it is good with just about anything. I hope you give it a try!
What tastes better baked or no-bake cheesecake?
Silly, they are both fantastic, it just depends on what you are in the mood for.
Want a thick, lucious, tangy cheesecake that will hold up to any toppings? Make a baked cheesecake. Since it’s made with eggs, it will have a firmer set.
For a softer set, extra creamy cheesecake? Try no bake cheesecake. No eggs, just cream cheese and whipped cream. Extra light and fluffy, and not quite as decadent.
HOW TO MAKE NO-BAKE CHERRY CHEESECAKE
- PREP: Soften cream cheese to room temperature on the counter.
- CREAM: Whip heavy cream in a glass or metal bowl until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE: In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- COMBINE: Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. If you need to, you can beat on low speed to get the mixture thoroughly combined.
- FILL: Spread filling into graham cracker crust. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours or until set. It’s also great in the fridge overnight.
- TOPPING: Either spread pie filling over the entire pie, or spoon it over individual slices.
- When making cheesecake, it is definitely best to let your cream cheese soften at room temperature. You will end up with a much smoother final product free of any lumps.
- Full fat cream cheese works best. Light (or neufchatel) cream cheese is not as firm, so your cheesecake won’t set up as well. It’s still tastes great, but it is a challenge to get nice clean slices.
- Any time you whip cream, it helps to chill the bowl and beaters in the refrigerator or freezer. And make sure your cream is very cold. Both these steps will help your cream whip up faster and fluffier.
Why is my No-bake cheesecake not firm?
- One reason your cheesecake isn’t firm could be that you used light cream cheese. Full fat cream cheese is essential for a firm texture.
- You need to allow plenty of time for the cheesecake to chill. It sets up as the cream cheese gets cold, so if you try to rush it, your cheesecake will be soft set.
- If you don’t beat your cream until stiff peaks form, your cheesecake will be softer, because you didn’t incorporate enough air. Beat it until peaks hold firm when you remove the beaters from the bowl.
Can I double this recipe? Yes, you can double it and make it in an 11×7″ pan. A 9×13″ pan also works, but it will not be quite as thick.
- Instead of using cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla, you can substitute an 8 ounce container of Cool Whip whipped topping. Just make sure it is completely thawed before folding it in.
- Feel free to use any flavor of pie filling. We also love blueberry. Or of course you can use fresh berries when they are in season.
- For a more tangy flavor, feel free to add a teaspoon of lemon juice to the filling.
MORE TASTY CREAM CHEESE DESSERTS:
RECIPE FOR CHERRY CHEESECAKE (NO BAKE)
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream (or heavy cream)
- 1 21 oz can Cherry pie filling
- 1 graham cracker crust (8 or 9 inch pie crust will work)
- Let your cream cheese come to room temperature on the counter.
- Whip cream in a glass or metal bowl until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Fold in the whipped cream. (You can beat it on low if you need to.)
- Spread cheesecake filling into a graham cracker crust. Cover and chill 3-4 hours or till set.
- Serve with cherry pie filling.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 196mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g
Need a quick and easy dessert that pleases a crowd? Give this cherry cheesecake no bake pie a try – it’s sure to be a hit, and it’s a perfect make ahead dessert!