Garlic Mashed Potatoes- So yummy that you don’t even need to serve them with gravy. My kids beg me to make these!
I had big plans for dinner last night. I got the turkey in the oven, but then ended up having to run two different sets of carpools to two different towns. We had three boys with three different activities all spaced 30 minutes apart.
It was so hectic that we didn’t actually get to eat the dinner that I had so lovingly prepared. We just pulled pieces of turkey off the bird and gobbled them down as we headed out the door. Ha ha, I said gobbled and I’m talking about turkey. I didn’t even mean to.
I did make the potatoes and gravy tonight, so I am posting it now. I first tried these garlic mashed potatoes years ago, and we have never looked back. I prepare them this way every time I make mashed potatoes. They are so yummy that they don’t even need gravy. But I did happen to have some this time. Oh, and the turkey recipe I tried is fabulous. Unconventional, but fabulous!
Note: I updated the photos on 2/7/2015. They don’t have turkey with them, but trust me, the mashed potatoes look much better. 🙂
MORE TASTY SIDE DISHES:
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 7-8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 3-4 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Salt to taste
- Place potatoes, salt, and garlic in large pan; cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or till tender.
- Drain potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Add cream cheese, milk, butter, then salt & pepper to taste. Stir till well combined, then heat through. These are so yummy that we even like them without gravy!
-I sometimes just scrub my potatoes and leave some of the skin on. We like it that way and it’s healthier too-bonus!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 500mg Carbohydrates: 44g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3g Protein: 7g