How to make gumdrop cookies:
Tip for cutting gumdrops:
To make cutting the gumdrops a little easier, dip your knife in hot water often. Or cut them with kitchen shears and dip those in hot water.
Handy supplies for making gumdrop cookies:
Kitchen shears – I like cutting my gumdrops with kitchen shears, I think it’s easier.
Christmas Gumdrop Cookies
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract (I love using almond)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped fruit gumdrops
- Beat egg whites till soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and beat till stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In large bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar. Beat in vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients and gumdrops. (Mixture will be very dry.) Gently stir in the beaten egg whites.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto silpat or parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to cooling racks.