No one can resist these M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – they are soft, chewy, and loaded with chocolate.
One of my very favorite things to make is cookies. I can pass up candy, but fresh baked cookies? Not so much. With Christmas just around the corner, I am already thinking about neighbor gifts. I love giving homemade goodies to our neighbors, so I decided to share some cookie recipes.
Every day this week I will be sharing a different cookie recipe, so if you love cookies like I do, stay tuned! Today I am sharing a perfect Christmas cookie recipe– M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies!
The red and green M&M’s make these cookies look so festive. And they add to the fun factor. My kids always sort through the batch looking for the cookie that has the MOST M&Ms. Every time.
These chocolate chip cookies are soft and chewy, just like I like them. The lemon juice seems a little strange, but you can’t taste it. It just performs some kind of chemical magic trick and makes the cookies pretty and puffy. Promise.
If you don’t have M&M’s, these also make fabulous regular chocolate chip cookies. I add chopped pecans, because I like things a little nutty. 🙂
M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup green and red M&M's candy
- Cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice. Stir in dry ingredients, chocolate chips, and M&M's. Roll in balls and place on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for about 9 minutes.
- Cream butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Stir in dry ingredients, chocolate chips, and M&M's.
- Roll dough in balls and place on lightly greased or silpat lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 27gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 2g
You can never have too many Christmas cookie recipes, right? Here’s a few more: