Mummy Dogs . . . it just isn’t Halloween at our house without this fun recipe. Kids of all ages love this Halloween dinner recipe!
That may be due to the fact that we hardly ever eat hot dogs around here. Except when we’re camping. Which is not very often, especially now that we have a babe. Because camping with a baby is not my idea of fun. But I digress. Back to Halloween.
These mummy dogs are bound to be a hit with kids. Heck, even adults like them. I’m not much of a hot dog fan, but wrap one in some homemade dough and I’m in.
The fact that they look like mummies makes them even more fun! My youngest son loves helping me roll the dough into ropes. Now go, have some fun in the kitchen with your kiddos!
More fun Halloween recipes you’ll love:
MUMMY DOGS FOR HALLOWEEN DINNER
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. SAF instant yeast
- 1 ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 cups flour (approximately)
- Mustard or ketchup
- Combine sugar, yeast, salt, olive oil, milk, and water in a large mixer bowl. (I used my Bosch.) Add enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead on low speed until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Let dough rest 5 minutes.
- Break off pieces of dough and roll into ropes. Wrap around hot dogs. Make sure you leave a space for the eyes!
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets. (I always have extra dough, so I just form rolls or breadsticks with the leftovers.) Let rise for 30-45 minutes. Bake in a preheated oven at 350° until lightly browned, about 18-20 minutes.
- Use a toothpick dipped in ketchup or mustard to make the eyes. Serve warm with extra ketchup and mustard for dipping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 805mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g