Monster Toes . . . these quick and easy treats are perfect for any Halloween gathering. They only require 4 ingredients!
I have been having a blast making up fun Halloween foods for my family. I’ve actually made so many of them this year that I decided to do an entire week of Halloween recipes. I hope you have as much fun with them as we’ve had!
This first one is super simple, but my boys loved them — Green Monster Toes!
These treats couldn’t be more simple. You just start with a package of Nutter Butters. Dip them in green chocolate, then add candy for the toenails. I used green Dots, but you could use black if you prefer.
Kids of all ages love these fun treats!
Tip: I dipped my cookies by holding onto the bottom edge of the back of the cookie and holding it over the bowl of melted chocolate. Then I used a spoon and poured spoonfuls of chocolate over the cookie till it was covered.
I tapped the cookie lightly against the edge of the bowl to get off the extra chocolate. My thumb got coated in chocolate, but I thought this method worked much better than trying to dip the cookies. 🙂
MORE FUN HALLOWEEN FOODS:
Monster Toes for Halloween
- 1 package of Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 bag of green candy melts
- 1-2 Tbsp canola oil (optional)
- 1 box of Dots candy
- Cut the Dots in half and set aside. (You won't need the whole box.)
- Melt the candy melts in a glass bowl in the microwave at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds. I thought the melted chocolate was thick and a little hard to work with, so I added oil to thin it down a bit.
- Dip the cookies in the melted chocolate and place on waxed paper. Press the cut side of the Dot onto the edge of the "toe". Let set for several minutes till the chocolate sets up.