Chocolate Chip Kit Kat Cookies . . . A yummy update on traditional chocolate chip cookies, with a fun crunch that you will love!
I LOVE baking cookies, and one of my favorite things to do is experiment with adding different types of candy to our chocolate chip cookies. This time I opted for Kit Kats, and the results were spectacular!
I love the crunch of Kit Kats, and I thought they would be mighty tasty in a cookie. I was right. These cookies are soft, chewy, and crispy, all in one. I even used Rice Krispies in the dough, and they add even more fun crunch!
I like these cookies best served warm with the chocolate all warm and gooey. But they are also great after they cool and the crunch is more pronounced. Either way, they just scream for a glass of cold milk!
I like to save a few of the chopped candy bars to place on top of the cookies right before baking. It also works to place a piece of Kit Kat in the middle of the hot cookies as soon as you pull them out of the oven. Either way, it gives people a little hint of the type of goodness they are about to stuff into their mouths. 🙂
Other over the top yummy chocolate chip cookie recipes:
CHOCOLATE CHIP KIT KAT COOKIES RECIPE
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 8oz bag mini Kit-Kats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Add to creamed mixture and stir gently. Add cereal, Kit Kats, and chocolate chips. Stir till well combined.
- Roll dough in balls and place on lightly greased or silpat lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. Cool for about 3 minutes on the pan, then remove to cooling racks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g