Chocolate chip cookies are pretty much a staple dessert, right? They are easy to make, and everyone loves them. But take some basic chocolate chip cookie dough, bake it in a muffin cup, and fill it with a mini candy bar, and now you have an over the top awesome dessert! I actually came up with the idea for Candy Bar Stiffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups a few months ago when I was trying to get rid of the last of Rachel’s Halloween candy.
You can let them cool and just eat them plain. They are still very tasty.
But they are oh so good served warm with a scoop of ice cream and some chocolate sauce. Oh my, would you look at that? Everyone in my family was grinning from ear to ear when I served these. And licking the melted chocolate off their lips.
TASTY DESSERTS USING CHOCOLATE CANDY:
- Symphony Brownies
- Macaroon Kiss Cookies
- Rolo Cookies
- Reese’s Oat Bars
- Butterfinger Cake
- Milky Way Ice Cream
- Reese’s Chocolate Cake
MORE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies
Candy Bar Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- 12 mini candy bars (we've tried Snickers, Reese's PB cups, and Almond Joys)
- Cream butter and sugars in a mixing bowl. Beat in egg, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Stir in dry ingredients, then chips, coconut, and nuts.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of dough in the bottom of a greased muffin tin. Press into the bottom and slightly up the sides. Place a mini candy bar in the middle.
- Take another tablespoon of dough and flatten it in your palm. Press it around the candy bar, doing your best to seal the sides.
- Repeat with remaining dough and candy bars.
- Bake at 350° for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- Run a knife around the edge to loosen, then let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- For over the top happy guests, serve with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 598Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 388mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 3gSugar: 54gProtein: 8g