These Strawberry Banana Dessert Crepes make a delightful addition to any breakfast or brunch menu, but you can also serve them for dessert!
If you have never made crepes before, don’t be scared! Basically you are just making really thin pancakes. The first one might not turn out picture perfect, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll be cranking them out like a professional!
The secret is to start swirling the batter around the pan as soon as you pour it in. That spreads the batter out evenly so that it not only cooks evenly, but makes a uniformly shaped crepe.
The filling for these crepes is so yummy you could just eat it by the spoonful!! It isn’t overly sweet, and it pairs perfectly with the berries and bananas.
If you prefer, you can substitute Cool Whip for the whipped cream, but it will definitely be more sweet. I am a fan of real whipped cream!!
These crepes not only make a pretty presentation, they are insanely yummy! I can’t wait to experiment with my basic crepe recipe to come up with even more delicious combinations. I am officially hooked on crepes!
Other crepe recipes:
Strawberry Banana Dessert Crepes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped till soft peaks form
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened (I used light)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (3.4 oz) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 pints strawberries, washed and sliced
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- For crepes: Blend milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla in the blender. Slowly add flour, then sugar and salt. Blend well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour so the batter will thicken slightly.
- Pour about 3-4 Tbsp of batter in the bottom of a round heated non-stick skillet. (Use a little oil if needed for the first crepe.) Tilt the pan to cover the bottom. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Gently use a spatula to flip the crepe. Cook about 1-2 minutes on the second side.
- For filling: Blend cream cheese in a mixing bowl till smooth. Gradually beat in the milk till mixture is smooth. Add the dry pudding mix and the vanilla. Beat till smooth. Fold in the whipped cream.
- To serve: Spoon about 1/3 cup of filling in the middle of each crepe. Fold the sides in and place on serving plate. Top with sliced berries and bananas. Serve immediately.
You can make the crepes ahead of time. Just let them cool, stack them on a plate, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and place them in the refrigerator. They will last a day or two.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 5g