It is crazy to me that for years I avoided making pork chops. Now we love them! I posted a recipe last year for baked pork chops, and they were a huge hit with my family. These are similar, but have an Italian flair. And lots more Parmesan cheese, which I love! It gives the pork chops a really flavorful crunchy crust. So yummy!
If your family likes pork chops, you should give this recipe a try! Just make sure you don’t over-bake them, because dry pork chops are not awesome.
This recipe is so simple. You just dip the pork chops in an egg mixture, then dip them in bread crumbs that have been seasoned with parmesan and all kinds of yummy ingredients. Then brown in a skillet and bake till done. So easy, but oh so very yummy!
Parmesan Crusted Baked Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (I used freshly grated Parmesan)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Whisk together egg and water in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, mix together bread crumbs, cheese, pepper, paprika, parsley, and garlic powder.
- Heat a skillet to medium hot. Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture.
- Brown each side in olive oil in the hot skillet. (It takes 3-5 minutes per side.)
- Place pork chops in a 9x13" pan. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes, or until pork chops are done. (A meat thermometer should read 145°.)
Recipe adapted from Lil' Luna
Here are some other yummy pork recipes you’ll love!