Made in the crockpot with just three ingredients, these Ranch Pork Chops are simply out of this world! After one bite, your family will be asking you to make it again and again.
Looking for an easy dinner recipe that everyone will love? These pork chops are made in the crock pot, and they are insanely easy.
A MUST TRY PORK CHOP RECIPE
If all you’ve ever had is tough, dry pork chops, you’ve got to give this recipe a try! Cooking pork on low heat for several hours ensures that you have tender pork chops that practically melt in your mouth.
Using bone-in pork chops makes for extra moist chops, but I find the bones annoying, so I almost always use boneless pork chops, and they still turn out amazing.
Another thing that makes this recipe so spectacular is that it makes its own gravy as it cooks. Ranch dressing mix and cream of chicken soup combine to make a creamy, flavorful gravy that is simply divine.
I love serving the creamy ranch pork chops with the garlic mashed potatoes. Add a green salad or some cooked vegetables and you have a complete meal that will have everyone asking for seconds!
I found these crockpot ranch pork chops over at Chef in Training. I altered the recipe a bit, and here are my changes:
- I like to brown my pork chops first because I think it adds flavor, but you can totally skip that step if you are in a rush.
- The original recipe calls for a packet of ranch dressing mix, but I use my homemade version because it’s cheaper, healthier, and I always have it on hand. It’s also less salty, and I feel like the soup adds enough salt.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER RANCH PORK CHOPS
It doesn’t get much easier than these ranch seasoning pork chops. I like to brown my pork chops first, but that step is optional. Simply place your pork chops in the slow cooker, sprinkle them with dry ranch dressing mix, and top with cream of chicken soup.
Now just put the lid on the slow cooker and let it do its job. I think you get the best results by cooking them on LOW for 5-6 hours, but if you’re rushed you can cook them on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Serve your creamy ranch pork chops over hot mashed potatoes for a comforting meal that will please just about any eater. Or if you prefer, you can of course serve them over cooked noodles or rice.
FAQ ABOUT RANCH DRESSING PORK CHOPS
- Can I use cream of mushroom soup instead of chicken? Yes, any condensed “cream of” soup will work just fine.
- Do I have to use canned soup? While I love using homemade cream of chicken soup for most recipes, I am not fond of using them in the crockpot. The milk tends to seperate, and the gravy isn’t as creamy. You can see my notes about canned soup below.
- Can I use chicken instead of pork? While I haven’t personally tried it, several readers have had great results using chicken breasts. No other changes are needed.
- Can I use ranch dressing instead of the dry mix? No, you just want the seasonings from the dressing mix. You can use a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix, (or dip mix), but I prefer to use my homemade mix.
NOTE ABOUT CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP
On the other websites that posted this recipe, I’ve seen several comments from readers telling other readers that they shouldn’t use canned soup. I usually try to stay away from recipes with canned soup because it’s not the healthiest option in the world. But I feel totally fine using it every once in awhile.
I know some of you won’t touch it with a ten foot pole, and that is totally fine. Feel free to skip this recipe. Some of you probably use it all the time. That is fine too. I don’t think we need to leave comments judging each other about how we are feeding our families. When it comes right down to it, we are all doing our best. And that is good enough. So let’s play nice. 🙂
A few more tasty recipes with pork:
- Best Ever Grilled Pork Chops
- Easy Pork Chops with Caramelized Onion
- Honey Maple Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork
MORE CROCKPOT RECIPES:
- Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes
- Honey Glazed Crockpot Chicken
- Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
- Moist Slow Cooker Roast Beef
- Hot Fudge Cake
- Crockpot Rice Pudding
CROCKPOT RANCH PORK CHOPS
- 4 pork chops, about 1/2" thick
- 2 tsp vegetable oil for browning
- 1 Tbsp ranch dressing mix
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Quickly brown the pork chops on both sides over medium high heat in a little bit of oil. Don't completely cook them, just give them a quick sear.
- Place them in your crock pot and sprinkle with the ranch dressing mix. Pour the soup over the top.
- Cook on LOW heat for 5-6 hours, or on HIGH heat for 3-4 hours. Serve with hot mashed potatoes.
-Recipe inspired by Chef in Training
-At my house, this recipe actually serves 6, but I have calculated the nutrition as if it serves 4.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 553Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 1367mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 46g
(originally published May 21, 2012, updated November 2020)
If you are looking for a ridiculously easy dinner recipe that everyone will love, give these Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops a try. They turn out perfectly tender and delicious every time!