My local grocery store had a great sale on pork chops a few weeks ago, so I stocked! We love my crock pot ranch pork chops, but I have also been experimenting with different pork chop recipes just to switch things up a little. This one is a adapted from a recipe I found at Allrecipes. I don’t like to use a lot of oil in my cooking, so I love that the pork chops are just browned first, then baked.
My whole family loved these pork chops! I used Saltine crackers, but I think they would be just as awesome with buttery crackers like Ritz. I recommend lining your baking dish with foil for easy clean up. Who wants to spend time washing dishes? Not me, that’s for sure!
Baked Pork Chops
- 3 boneless pork chops
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup finely crushed Saltine crackers
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Rinse pork chops and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Whisk together egg and milk in a shallow container. Combine cracker crumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper in another shallow container.
- Dip pork chops into egg mixture, then crumbs.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Brown each side of the pork chops for about 4-5 minutes, then place in a baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 145°.
- For extra crispy pork chops, broil them for about 2 minutes on each side. Don't over-bake or they will be dry.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 484Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 170mgSodium: 592mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 41g