Chocolate. Peanut Butter. Together. Does it get much better?
I cannot make these peanut butter truffle brownies very often, because the peanut butter chocolate combination is very hard for me to resist, in any form. I am magnetically drawn to these brownies, and they are magnetically drawn to my hips. 😉
So I only make them when I need to take a treat somewhere. They are always a hit. The brownie layer is nice and moist, and the peanut butter truffle layer is amazing. You could just eat it alone and be happy. But paired with the brownie and dark chocolate drizzle on top, it is a small slice of heaven on earth.
Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 Tbsp milk (more or less)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil (or a little more)
- Brownies: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl in order listed; mix till smooth. Pour into a well greased 15x10" jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Peanut Butter Truffle Layer: Beat butter and peanut butter together in a mixing bowl till smooth. Add powdered sugar, salt, vanilla, and enough milk till mixture is creamy. (It will be thicker than regular frosting.)
- Carefully spread and pat it onto the top of the brownies with the back of a spoon.
- For the topping, combine 2 Tbsp of the oil and the chips in a small glass bowl. Microwave at 50% power till melted, stirring often. Add more oil if needed. Drizzle over the top of the brownies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 5g