I love bread. I love cheese. I love bacon. So it was pretty much a given that I would adore this cheesy bacon pull apart bread. It is stinkin’ yummy people! How could it not be? It starts with frozen bread dough, so it’s really easy to make. You just have to remember to thaw the rolls. Then toss everything together and throw it in a Bundt pan. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
I served it with Corn Chowder, and it was a perfect combo. Great alongside the soup, or dipped in it. My family inhaled it. I hope you’ll give it a try!
Cheesy Bacon Pull-Apart Bread
- 1 pound bacon, cooked till crispy and crumbled
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 24 Rhodes rolls, thawed but still cold
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Saute green pepper and onions in oil in a medium sized skillet till tender.
- Cut Rhodes rolls in quarters and place in a large mixing bowl. Periodically stir in some of the melted butter so they don't stick together.
- Add remaining ingredients and the rest of the butter. Mix everything together till well combined. (I just used my hands.)
- Dump everything into a well greased Bundt pan. Let raise till doubled, about 30-60 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 767mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g