Pear Zucchini Bread-Chunks of juicy pear make every bite of this zucchini bread extra yummy!
The box of pears that my parents gave me is finally ripening, so we have been enjoying fresh pears at our house. Yum!! We also have a few zucchini left, so I immediately thought of this recipe. I didn’t have any pears last year, so I didn’t get to make it. It was great to be able to make it again; it smells so yummy while it is baking. It’s nice an moist and has a mild spice to it. Just perfect for fall!
- 2 cups peeled, diced pears
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup oil (can use 3/4 cup)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 4 cups flour (I used 1 cup of whole wheat)
- 2 tsp *pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Whisk the pears, zucchini, sugars, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients and stir in. Add pecans if desired.
- Pour into 2 well greased 8x4" loaf pans. (I line mine with parchment paper.)
- Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing to cooling racks.
*You can substitute 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, and 1/4 tsp cloves for the pumpkin pie spice
-You can also make 24 muffins, bake them for 18-20 minutes.
-I sometimes make 12 muffins and 3 mini loaves. I bake the mini loaves for about 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g