Oreos. Cupcakes. Chocolate Frosting. All put together for one amazing treat — Oreo cupcakes! No one can resist these soft and moist cupcakes loaded with chunks of chocolate cookies.
I modified one of my favorite cupcake recipes to come up with these babies. The pudding mix makes them nice and moist, and they are so easy to whip up. You can use either vanilla pudding or chocolate.
I used the chocolate this time around. The cupcakes have a more pronounced chocolate flavor. But if you use the vanilla the Oreos really shine. Both ways are delicious!
I have also included the chocolate frosting recipe, but you can use a can if you prefer. After you frost the cupcakes, you can sprinkle crushed Oreos on top, or just press half a cookie into the frosting. Just make sure you serve them immediately or the Oreos get soft. Hope you enjoy!
Here are a few more favorite Oreo treats:
- Frozen Oreo Ice Cream Dessert
- Oreo Cheesecake Pudding Cups
- Mint Oreo Truffles
- Oreo Rice Crispy Treats
OREO CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 3 oz box instant vanilla or chocolate pudding
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 Oreos, coarsely crushed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
Simple Chocolate Frosting:
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- dash of salt
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 5-6 Tbsp milk or buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Extra Oreos for garnish if desired
- Cupcakes: Stir together flour, pudding mix, sugar, baking powder, salt, and Oreos. Whisk together eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients till just combined.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Cool completely and frost with chocolate frosting.
- Frosting: Beat butter and cocoa till smooth. Add remaining ingredients, using enough milk to get the consistency you like. Pipe onto the cupcakes using a large star tip. Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 1gSugar: 44gProtein: 5g