For years I have made pumpkin bread and pumpkin cookies with chocolate chips. I have eaten probably more than my fair share. And I have enjoyed them. But recently I tried substituting butterscotch or cinnamon chips for the chocolate chips.
Don’t get me wrong, I love me some chocolate. A lot. But the chocolate pumpkin combo was never really my favorite. What about you? Are you willing to give butterscotch chips a try in your pumpkin bread? You might just find a new favorite too. 🙂
Pumpkin Bread with Butterscotch Chips
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 3/4 cups pumpkin puree (15 oz can)
- Whisk together dry ingredients. Stir in butterscotch chips.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin till smooth. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Pour into 2 well greased and floured 8x4" loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.
You can make 6 mini loaves. Bake for about 40 minutes.
Or make 2 dozen muffins. Bake for about 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g
-If you don’t want to use the butterscotch chips, you can absolutely stick with chocolate chips. We can still be friends.