Best ever Pumpkin Bundt Cake . . . this pumpkin cake recipe is fantastic, and the cinnamon cheese frosting makes it out of this world!
I am of the belief that pumpkin desserts are not to be served only during the fall season. They are way too darn yummy to only appear one time a year!! So I made this pumpkin bundt cake and took it to a Relief Society (church ladies) dinner last week. I had several recipe requests, so I guess I’m not the only one who thinks pumpkin desserts aren’t only for autumn!
I love making bundt cakes, because they are so pretty, but aren’t much more work than a sheet cake. I tweaked a couple of my favorite pumpkin cake recipes to come up with this one. It is fabulously moist and has a great cinnamon spice flavor.
I decided to try adding cinnamon to the cream cheese frosting, and I thought it was a great addition. Just try not to eat it by the spoonful, I dare you.
Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Milk if needed
- Cake: Whisk together oil, pumpkin, and sugar. Beat in eggs. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a well greased and floured Bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then invert on cooling rack. Cool completely and frost.
- Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter till smooth. Beat in powdered sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. If you need to add a little milk to achieve the right consistency, go right ahead.
I usually use light cream cheese in the frosting, which is softer than regular cream cheese, so I never need to add the milk.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 378mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 1gSugar: 45gProtein: 4g
For more pumpkin desserts, check out: