It is a happy day at my house. Today is the very last day of school. Hooray! We are so ready for summer. I am heading to Casual Blogger Conference tonight and I am totally excited! I can’t wait to learn lots of new tricks, take all the amazing class, and most of all, meet all the fabulous bloggers I’ve admired for ages. It is going to be so much fun! If you happen to be going, leave me a comment so I can look for you there. 🙂
Before I go I wanted to share a yummy recipe with you. My parents gave us a bagful of rhubarb from their garden, and some raspberries they had frozen from last year. Don’t you just love parents!! Right away I knew I had to come up with a recipe that used both of them. I saw a recipe for pineapple rhubarb pie, and that gave me the idea to add the pineapple. It turned out even better than I expected! The combination of sweet and tart fruit was amazing, and is such a pretty color. It has lots of crunchy topping, and it is heavenly. Don’t forget the vanilla ice cream on top. So yummy!
Raspberry Rhubarb Crisp
- 3 cups sliced rhubarb
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 Tbsp quick tapioca
- 1 cup raspberries (I used frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup soft butter
- Mix rhubarb, pineapple, sugar, and tapioca in a large bowl. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Stir in raspberries and pour into a greased 9x13" pan.
- For topping: Combine all ingredients and mix till crumbly. Spread over filling.
- Bake at 350°for about 45 minutes or till filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 576Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 196mgCarbohydrates: 95gFiber: 5gSugar: 64gProtein: 5g