Toasted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies- toasting the oats makes these some of the tastiest oatmeal cookies you will ever sink your teeth into!
A few months ago I shared a recipe for toasted oatmeal chocolate chip muffins. That was when I discovered the magic of toasting oats. It was an epic discovery, and once you try it, your baked goods will never be the same! It adds such a yummy nutty flavor. So good!
Besides the toasted oats, there is another secret to awesome oatmeal cookies. Two kids of chocolate chips. The milk chocolate chips add sweetness, and they are my kids’ favorite part. But adding the semi-sweet chocolate chips makes the cookies have heavenly little melted pools of chocolate. Put them both together and it’s a perfect balance!
Give this recipe a try. They might just become your new favorite oatmeal cookies!
You can never have too many recipes for chocolate chip cookies can you? Here’s a few more:
- Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookies
Toasted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Melt the two tablespoons of butter in a large skillet. Add oats. Cook and stir over medium heat for about 7 minutes until oats start to lightly brown. They will smell like popcorn. (All my kids came running for a snack.) Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar for about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and toasted oats. Stir till just combined, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Chill for 30-60 minutes.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased or silpat lined cookie sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350° for about 9 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 112mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g