Shamrock Cookie Cups– A simple sugar cookie recipe jazzed up for St. Patrick’s Day with candy on top. Cute and tasty!
Well Happy March! I can’t believe February is already over. Usually the winter months just drag on and on, but this year they have flown by. I’m sure it’s partly because the weather was crazy warm for Utah. My kids were playing outside without jackets in the middle of January!
Of course now that all the trees have blossomed and the flowers are popping up, it is snowing outside. Such is the life in Utah.
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, and I have a couple of fun treats to share with you. First up are these darling little cookie cups. You can use your favorite sugar cookie recipe for the base, or even store bought dough.
The fun part is using the licorice strips and M&M’s to make the little shamrocks on top. My kids had fun helping me decorate the tops, and of course they loved eating them!
Everyone loves sugar cookies, and baking them in mini muffin pans is such a fun way to serve them. They are sure to be a hit for St. Patrick’s Day at your house!
Here are a few more St. Patrick’s Day treat ideas:
St. Patrick’s Day S’more Snack Mix
Chocolate Mint St. Patrick’s Day Cookies
Shamrock Cookie Cups Recipe
Shamrock Cookie Cups
Delicious cookie cups topped with buttercream frosting and candy shamrocks.
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- dash salt
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 1-2 Tbsp milk as needed
- Green M&M’s
- Green pull and peel licorice
- For cookie cups: Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and flavorings and beat well. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Roll in balls and place in well greased mini muffin pans. Bake at 375° for about 8-10 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, then remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely. Frost with buttercream frosting.
- For frosting: Beat butter, powdered sugar, extracts, salt, and sour cream till smooth. Add milk as needed to make a spreadable consistency.
- To decorate: To make the stems, pull apart the licorice and cut into pieces about 1/2″ long. Top each cookie cup with three M&M’s and a licorice piece for the stem. That’s it!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
See all my ST. PATRICK’S DAY RECIPES.
I love cookie cups, and these were so cute for St. Patrick’s Day!
Superb idea. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for finally talking about >Shamrock
cookie cups <Liked it!
I made these for a family get together and everyone loved them. So fun!
these are super cute…perfect little treat for St. Patrick’s Day!
Maggie @ The Love Nerds
I LOVE these cookie cups! The cookie itself sounds amazing and I love how easy they are to decorate. My niece would even be able to help decorate! 🙂 Pinning, Stumbling, and Yumming!
Thanks so much Maggie! And yes, they are easy enough that the kiddos can help decorate them, even the little ones. 🙂
Renee @ Two in the Kitchen
These are just darling!! My kids would have fun decorating these too!! OH no about the snow! I hope it doesn’t kill all your pretty flowers!
From what I can tell, the flowers survived. 🙂 Now I’m just hoping we don’t get another deep freeze!