Taco Soup . . . this hearty and delicious soup is my go-to recipe for hectic evenings. It can be whipped up in just minutes, and everyone loves it!
Note: I have updated this recipe to make it even more delicious. The sugar balances out the acidity of the tomatoes, and the ranch dressing mix adds a wonderful flavor. Instead of two cans of kidney beans, I now use one can of black and one can of kidney beans just for variety. We like it even more now!
Looking for more tasty soup recipes? Here’s a few we love:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pkg taco seasoning (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dry ranch dressing mix
- 4 15oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- Optional garnish: Tortilla chips, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocados, green onions
- Brown hamburger with onion in a 6 quart soup pot. drain off any fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- Serve soup hot with garnishes.
I sometimes add extra tomatoes, beans, and corn so we can have leftovers the next day.
(original photo – recipe and photos updated 10/2018)
To see all my soup and chili recipes, click HERE.