Creamy Chicken Soup – loaded with vegetables, bacon, and ranch seasoning, this soup is packed with flavor!
We love a good creamy soup at my house. Corn Chowder and Ham Potato Chowder are two more of our favorites.
Creamy Chicken Soup with Bacon
How is February treating you so far? We have finally had a break in snowstorms, but it is definitely still soup weather around here.
I make a chicken pasta with bacon that my family loves, and I wanted to incorporate those flavors into a hearty soup. It took me a few tries, but this Creamy Chicken Soup with Bacon and Ranch recipe is finally ready to be released into the wild! 🙂
This creamy soup is loaded with veggies and chicken, so it is hearty and satisfying. I used milk instead of cream to lower the fat significantly, but it is still plenty rich and creamy. The bacon and ranch add great flavor! It was a hit with everyone in my family.
How to make Creamy Chicken Soup
- chicken broth
- cooked chicken
- dry ranch dressing mix
- cheddar cheese
Cook vegetables in a large pot with the chicken broth and salt until vegetables are tender. While vegetables are cooking, prepare the white sauce. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour, then slowly whisk in the milk. Continue to cook and whisk till mixture comes to a boil. Cook for at least one minute to remove the raw flour taste. Stir constantly to prevent scorching.
Pour white sauce into the vegetable mixture. Stir in chicken, bacon, and cheese. Add ranch dressing mix to taste. Heat through and serve. Garnish with grated cheese and bacon if desired.
I garnished mine with additional cheese and bacon for the photo, but it honestly doesn’t need it. No one else in my family added it. But it does make for a prettier presentation. 🙂
Oh, and did I mention my favorite thing about soup? Leftovers the next day. This made enough that we were able to have it for dinner twice. And who doesn’t love a break from making dinner?
What can I serve with this soup? We love to have it with yummy white rolls, soft pretzels, or even in bread bowls.
Creamy Chicken Soup with Bacon and Ranch
Creamy Chicken Soup with Bacon and Ranch
Creamy soup with chicken, bacon, and vegetables, flavored with ranch dressing mix.
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 tsp dry ranch dressing mix
- Combine onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, and garlic in a large pot with the chicken broth and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables are cooking, prepare the white sauce. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour, then slowly add the milk while whisking briskly. Continue to cook and whisk till mixture comes to a boil. Cook for at least one minute to remove the raw flour taste. Stir constantly to prevent scorching.
- Pour white sauce into the vegetable mixture. Stir in chicken, bacon, and cheese. Add ranch dressing mix to taste.
- Heat through and serve. Garnish with grated cheese and bacon if desired
-You can use 2 large chicken breasts or a rotisserie chicken for this soup.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 625mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 21g
See all my SOUP RECIPES.
Amy L Huntley
Chicken Soup is a family favorite. Making this tomorrow!
Yum!! Bacon is such a great addition to so recipes!! I need to make this…looks so comforting!
Agreed! Bacon makes so many things more delicious!
Why have I never added bacon and ranch before? Genius!
Thanks Becca! I was happy that this time one of my ideas turned out as yummy as I imagined it. 🙂
What a delicious chicken soup recipe!!! I am adding to my must make list!!! YUM!!!!
This is such a delicious soup….love the addition of bacon!
The bacon and ranch really add to this recipe and I love it.
This is the ultimate comfort food! Extra bacon on mine, please!
Haha, yes! You can’t go wrong with extra bacon!
A delicious twist on traditional chicken soup!