Looking for a decadent brunch recipe? These Toffee Chocolate Chip Scones are sinfully delicious. Loaded with heath bits and chocolate chips, and drizzled with melted chocolate, every bite is pure bliss!
Today is Chocolate Chip Day. I don’t know who came up with the idea, but I’m all for having an excuse to eat chocolate!
I thought about sharing a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies, but decided to go with a more “off the beaten path” recipe. Toffee Chocolate Chip Scones.
I originally saw the idea over at Your Homebased Mom. I didn’t have enough cream to make her recipe, so I adapted and added the chocolate chips and toffee to one of my favorite scone recipes.
Huge success! These are the most decadent scones that I have ever tasted. They are loaded with chocolate chips and toffee, which happen to be two of my favorite things. And they are tender and buttery and practically melt in your mouth.
So go ahead, indulge. Make some Toffee Chocolate Chip Scones. It’s not every day that you have an excuse to eat chocolate chips. 😉
Hope you all have a very happy Chocolate Chip Day!! 🙂
Toffee Chocolate Chip Scones
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter- frozen or very cold
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- 1/2 cup Heath toffee bits
- 1 cup cream (don't skimp or dough is dry)
- 2-3 Tbsp sugar for tops (optional)
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Grate the butter in. (You want it very cold!) Stir in the chocolate chips and toffee bits. Add the cream and stir gently. Knead a few times till dough comes together. It will be crumbly at first, but it will come together.
- Pat into a 1" thick circle. Cut in wedges and place on a cookie sheet about 1" apart. Brush tops with cream or milk. Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake at 400° for about 15-18 minutes or till light golden brown. For an even more decadent treat, drizzle the tops with melted chocolate chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 613Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 552mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 6g
See all my MUFFIN AND SCONE RECIPES.