It isn’t often that I claim a recipe is the “best ever”, but these mint brownies really are the best. I have tried mint brownies in cafes, bakeries, and restaurants, and not one of them has ever measured up to this recipe. People tell me all the time that these are the best mint brownies they have ever tasted. They are phenomenal!
The brownie is fudgy, soft, and moist. The mint filling is smooth, creamy and decadent. Then you top them off with melted chocolate. Every bite is heavenly! They make perfect Christmas goodies, but they are so amazing that my kids beg me to make them all year long.
To say they are a huge hit is an understatement. They are inhaled wherever I take them! This recipe makes a large batch, so I usually take them to potlucks, parties, or church suppers. If you don’t have a similar function to take them to, you could cut the recipe in half and bake them in a 9×13″ pan. They don’t turn out quite as moist- not sure about the science of that- but they are still phenomenal.
Your other option of course is to make the whole batch and share them with friends. They will bow down and
kiss your feet adore you. Share them with strangers and they will become your new best friends. They are that good!
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- Mint Layer:
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp peppermint extract (I use 2 because I like them really minty.)
- 2 Tbsp milk or water (approximately)
- Pinch of salt
- A few drops of green food coloring
- Chocolate topping:
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp butter
- Brownies: Combine all ingredients in order listed and mix till smooth. Pour into a well greased 15x10" jelly roll pan. Bake at 350° for about 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Mint Layer: Beat till smooth and spread evenly over brownies. Chill for a few minutes to set.
- Topping: Melt butter in glass bowl in microwave. Add chips and cook at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Drizzle or spread over mint layer. Chill for 1 hour.