A moist fudgy brownie, a layer of creamy mint frosting, and a layer of melted chocolate make these Mint Brownies the best ever!
It isn’t often that I claim a recipe is the “best ever”, but these mint brownies really are the best. I have tried mint brownies in cafes, bakeries, and restaurants, and not one of them has ever measured up to this recipe. People tell me all the time that these are the best mint brownies they have ever tasted. They are phenomenal!
Best Ever Mint Brownies
The brownie is fudgy, soft, and moist. The mint filling is smooth, creamy and decadent. Then you top them off with melted chocolate. Every bite is heavenly! They make perfect Christmas goodies, but they are so amazing that my kids beg me to make them all year long.
To say they are a huge hit is an understatement. They are inhaled wherever I take them! This recipe makes a large batch, so I usually take them to potlucks, parties, or church suppers.
If you don’t have a similar function to take them to, you could cut the recipe in half and bake them in a 9×13″ pan. They don’t turn out quite as moist- not sure about the science of that- but they are still phenomenal.
Your other option of course is to make the whole batch and share them with friends. They will bow down and
kiss your feet adore you. Share them with strangers and they will become your new best friends. They are that good!
How to make mint brownies:
Combine all brownie ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk till smooth. Pour into a greased 15″ x 10″ pan and bake at 350° for about 25 minutes. Cool completely.
After your brownies are cool, make the mint layer. Combine butter, powdered sugar, peppermint extract, salt, milk, and green food coloring. Beat till smooth and spread over brownies. Chill for a few minutes till set.
For chocolate topping, melt butter in a glass bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and continue cooking in the microwave at half power, stirring every 30 seconds till smooth. Spread over mint layer.
Chill brownies for about an hour or until chocolate is set. (Or you can leave them at room temperature for a couple hours.)
CHOCOLATE MINT BROWNIES
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp peppermint extract (I use 2 because I like them really minty.)
- Pinch of salt
- 4 Tbsp milk (approximately)
- A few drops of green food coloring
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp butter
- Brownies: Combine all ingredients in an large bowl in the order listed and beat or whisk till smooth.
- Pour into a well greased 15x10" jelly roll pan. Bake at 350° for about 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Mint Layer: Beat till smooth, adding enough milk to get a thick and creamy consistency. Spread evenly over brownies. Chill for a few minutes to set.
- Topping: Melt butter in glass bowl in microwave. Add chips and cook at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Drizzle or spread over mint layer. Chill for 1 hour.
Depending on your oven, the brownies may take up to 30 minutes to bake. As soon as a toothpick comes out clean (or with crumbs on it), they are done.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 153mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 3g