Almost Homemade Fruit Ice Cream . . . this frozen soft serve treat starts with store bought ice creams. It is so refreshing on a summer day!
If you are looking for a super easy ice cream recipe, this is it. I grew up loving this totally refreshing and delicious summer treat. It has a similar taste and texture to homemade ice cream, but without the work.
You don’t even need an ice cream maker for this recipe. Just stir all the ingredients together, then plop back in the freezer to set. A potato masher is pretty handy for smashing up the ice cream. So easy, so yummy! Just make sure you have a really large bowl. I’ve had this bowl for years and I adore it.
We like this fruit ice cream best with both raspberries and strawberries, but you can use two bags of the same kind if you like. This makes a large batch, so it is perfect for having friends over. And of course it tastes better when you are sitting out on your deck relaxing. 😉
If you won’t be serving a large crowd, I suggest dividing the mixture up and freezing it in smaller containers.
MORE EASY ICE CREAM TREATS:
- Copycat Wendy’s Frosty Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie
- Frozen Oreo Dessert
- Frozen S’more Cups
- Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Oreo Ice Cream
- Rocky Road Ice Cream
- Milky Way Ice Cream
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Butterfinger Ice Cream
Almost Homemade Fruit Ice Cream Recipe
- 1/2 gallon pineapple sherbet, softened
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen raspberries, partially thawed
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen sweetened strawberries, partially thawed
- 3 large bananas, diced
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple with juice, chilled
- Combine all ingredients in a LARGE plastic bowl. Stir well until mixed. (I find that a potato masher works great at smoothing the lumps in the ice cream.)
- Return to freezer and freeze for 2-3 hours. Remove from freezer about 20 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 29gProtein: 3g