The weather man said that today was the warmest day we have had for a month. Temperatures reached a whopping 42°. When you hit a warm spell like that, there’s only one thing you can do. Make homemade ice cream of course! 😉
I’ve had this cinnamon ice cream recipe bookmarked for months, and I finally got around to trying it a couple weeks ago. It is simply delicious. I’m betting it would be fabulous with apple pie or apple crisp.
The next day we only had one cookie left. So while my kids were at school, I topped it with a scoop of cinnamon ice cream and drizzled it with some caramel topping I had in the fridge. It was divine. And evil.
Wait, can something be divine and evil at the same time? I’m not sure. All I know is that it was dang yummy. I felt a little guilty for not letting the rest of my family in on it. But then I got over it.
How to make Cinnamon Ice Cream
Whisk together all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours or till very cold. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Place in an airtight container and freeze for 2-3 hours to harden.
MORE AMAZING ICE CREAM RECIPES:
- Cookies n Cream Ice Cream
- Rocky Road Ice Cream
- Best Vanilla Ice Cream
- Butterfinger Ice Cream
- Caramel Chocolate Ice Cream
- Chocolate Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Tin Roof Ice Cream
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Raspberry Ice Cream
HOMEMADE CINNAMON ICE CREAM
- 2 1/2 cups cream
- 1 1/2 cups mik
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Whisk together all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours or till very cold.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Place in an airtight container and freeze for 2-3 hours to harden.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 45gProtein: 3g
This is the ice cream maker I use. It is awesome!!