Flourless Chocolate Cake is a rich and decadent chocolate cake that is easy to make and always a show stopper! It also happens to be gluten free.
Have you ever tried flourless chocolate cake? If you are a chocoholic like I am, it is a must make! It is dense and fudgy and perfectly rich. Plus it’s covered with a silky smooth layer of chocolate ganache glaze. Pure chocolate heaven in every bite!
I’ve actually tried several recipes for flourless chocolate cake over the years, but I had a hard time getting great results with any of them. This version turned out perfectly the very first time!
How to make flourless chocolate cake:
- butter (I use regular salted butter in all of my recipes.)
- semi sweet chocolate chips (High quality for best flavor and texture.)
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- eggs (Use large eggs, it is best if they are at room temperature.)
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- Line a round 8″ cake pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375°
- Melt butter in a large glass mixing bowl in the microwave. Add the chocolate chips and let sit for 3-4 minutes. Stir together till chips melt, let cool for 5 minutes. Whisk the sugar, salt, and vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Add the three eggs and whisk till well blended. Stir in the cocoa powder.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.
Let cake cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack. Immediately flip right side up onto another cooling rack. Cool completely.
For chocolate glaze, combine butter and chocolate chips in a glass bowl. Microwave for 1-3 minutes or till melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Spread glaze over cake. Let sit for several hours till chocolate sets.
Serve cake as is, or with powdered sugar, fresh berries, whipped cream, or ice cream.
Is flourless chocolate cake gluten free? Why yes, yes it is! Since it contains no flour, it is a perfect option for people with gluten sensitivities. But trust me, even if you aren’t on a gluten free diet, you will love this cake!
How do I store flourless chocolate cake? This cake doesn’t need to be refrigerated. It will last for 2-3 days at room temperature. If you need it to last longer than that, you can refrigerate it, but it needs to sit at room temperature for an hour or two before you serve it.
Because this cake is quite rich, it’s best to serve small pieces. It will easily serve ten or even twelve people. Very, very happy people. 🙂
MORE DECADENT CHOCOLATE DESSERTS:
HOMEMADE CAKES TO TRY:
- Heath Bar Cake
- Orange Zucchini Cake
- Banana Pudding Cake
- Easy Pound Cake
- Carrot Cake
- Butterfinger Cake
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
- German Chocolate Cake
Recipe for Flourless Chocolate Cake
Glaze: -Recipe inspired by King Arthur Flour As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g
-Recipe inspired by King Arthur Flour
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.