German Chocolate Pie . . . if you love German chocolate cake, this pie recipe is a must try. It is ooey gooey, and delicious!
We love all things German chocolate at my house, and this pie was no exception! Rich gooey chocolate with nuts and coconut all in a buttery crust – what’s not to love?
I can’t even tell you how much I loved this pie. I was in heaven with every single bite. I’m drooling just thinking about it. I mean check out that chocolatey goodness!
You can serve this pie warm or cold. I prefer warm – with a scoop of vanilla ice cream of course!
If you have a German chocolate cake fan in your life, you should make them this pie. They will be sure to sing your praises. The crunchy chopped nuts and coconut combined with the ooey gooey chocolate is a match made in heaven. It is one of my new favorites!
Pies for Pi Day
Being that it is March 14th (3.14), it is National Pie Day!! I’m teaming up with my celebrating food bloggers to bring you almost two dozen spectacular pie recipes. Some sweet, some savory, there is something for every pie lover!
German Chocolate Pie right here at Creations by Kara
Chicken Pot Pie with Cheddar Biscuit Crust from Hey Grill, Hey
Lemon Meringue Pie from The Baker Upstairs
Vegan Berry Pie with Sugar Cookie Crust from Namely Marly
Shepherd’s Pie from Ashlee Marie
Strawberry Chocolate Pie from Baking with Blondie
Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie from Life Made Simple
Coconut Custard Pie from Gather for Bread
Crock Pot Beef Pot Pie from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Pineapple Fluff Pie from Yellow Bliss Road
Raspberries and Cream Pie from Real Mom Kitchen
Meat and Potatoes Pie from Foodie with Family
A few more of my favorite pie recipes:
Pie recipes from other bloggers:
Cheesy Breakfast Pie from Lil Luna
Coconut Fudge Pie from Inside BluCrew Life
Lemon Cream Pie from Lolly Jane
No-Bake Peanut Butter Fudge Ice Cream Pie from Your Homebased Mom
Frozen Creamsicle Pie from Tidy Mom
German Chocolate Pie Recipe
- 1 pie crust, uncooked (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut (I used sweetened)
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Combine butter and one cup of chocolate chips in a glass bowl. Melt in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds till smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk together the sugars, flour, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Slowly beat in the melted chocolate mixture at low speed. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Fold in the vanilla, pecans, coconut, and 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the unbaked pie crust. Bake at 350° for about 35-40 minutes, or till set. Be careful not to over-bake.
- Serve warm with ice cream, or at room temperature.
Recipe inspired by Favorite Family Recipes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 480 Total Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 241mg Carbohydrates: 51g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 34g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g