If you love decadent chocolate desserts, this German Chocolate Pie recipe is a must try! Whip it up in only ten minutes, and get rave reviews like I do! It is a perfect pie recipe for coconut and chocolate lovers.
We love all things German chocolate at my house, and this pie was no exception! Rich gooey chocolate with nuts and coconut all in a buttery crust – what’s not to love?
I can’t even tell you how much I loved this pie. I was in heaven with every single bite. I’m drooling just thinking about it. I mean check out that chocolatey goodness!
HOW TO MAKE GERMAN CHOCOLATE PIE
- unbaked 9″ pie crust (I made mine from scratch, but store bought works just great.)
- butter (I use salted butter.)
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- all purpose flour
- eggs (I use large eggs.)
- vanilla extract
- chopped pecans (It’s extra tasty if you toast them first.)
- sweetened shredded coconut
- Make or buy your pastry pie crust. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt a cup of the chocolate chips with the butter. I like to use a glass bowl and melt them in the microwave at half power.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl, then slowly beat in the melted chocolate on low speed.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Fold in the vanilla, pecans, coconut, and remaining chocolate chips; pour filling into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. The inside will still be gooey, but the top should be set.
You can serve this pie warm or cold. I prefer warm – with a scoop of vanilla ice cream of course!
If you have a German chocolate cake fan in your life, you should make them this pie. They will be sure to sing your praises. The crunchy chopped nuts and coconut combined with the ooey gooey chocolate is a match made in heaven. It is one of my new favorites!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES WITH COCONUT AND CHOCOLATE?
- Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream Pie
- Best German Chocolate Cake
- Brownies with German Chocolate Frosting
- Macaroon Brownies
- Easy Macaroons Dipped in Chocolate
MORE AMAZING HOMEMADE PIES YOU’RE GOING TO WANT TO TRY:
- French Silk Pie
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Almond Mousse Pie with Cherries
- Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- Dutch Apple Pie
- Best Peanut Butter Pie
German Chocolate Pie Recipe
German Chocolate Pie
Decadent chocolate pie with a crackly top filled with coconut, pecans, and chocolate chips. An ooey gooey dessert!
- 1 9" unbaked pastry crust (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter and one cup of chocolate chips in a glass bowl. Melt in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds till smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk together the sugars, flour, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Slowly beat in the melted chocolate mixture at low speed. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Fold in the vanilla, pecans, coconut, and 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the unbaked pie crust. Bake at 350° for about 35-40 minutes, or till set. Be careful not to over-bake.
- Serve warm with ice cream, or at room temperature.
Recipe inspired by Favorite Family Recipes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 669Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 428mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 5gSugar: 44gProtein: 9g
Kara! This pie looks amazing. I love german chocolate so having it in a pie only makes sense! 🙂