These Caramel Chocolate Truffles (AKA Brigadeiro), are a traditional Brazilian candy. They are easy to make, but hard to stop eating!
Last year I was in charge of a cultural activity for the youth of our church. For one of the stations, we brought food from over a dozen countries and let them sample it. Some of the food was well received, some of it was met with turned up noses.
These chocolate caramel truffles from Brazil were definitely on the well received end- I came home with an empty plate. Not even a sprinkle left!
I recently made them again, this time for my family. They were gobbled up just as quickly!
They are seriously so good. Caramel-y, but with a hint of chocolate. And of course rolling them in chocolate sprinkles makes them fun to serve, and fun to eat!
We like them with the 2 tablespoons of cocoa so they have a more caramel flavor, but if you want a stronger chocolate flavor, use the 3 tablespoons.
MORE CANDY RECIPES:
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Balls
- Butter Mints
- Microwave Caramels
- English Toffee Recipe
- Turtle Candy
- Chocolate Mint Candy
- Melted Snowman Bark
- Saltine Toffee
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles
Easy Brigadeiro Candy Recipe
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp cocoa (or more.)
- 1 Tbsp soft butter
- 1 cup chocolate jimmies
- Place sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, and butter in a large glass bowl. Whisk together till blended.
- Cook in the microwave for two minutes. Remove and whisk again. Continue cooking in the microwave for 4-5 more minutes, stirring often, till mixture is thick.
- (If you aren't sure when it's done, drop a small spoonful into a glass of ice water for a few seconds. You should be able to form it into a ball.)
- Chill for 2-3 hours, or till cold.
- Roll in small balls, then roll in chocolate sprinkles.
You can make them larger if you prefer, they just won't make as many.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
Serving size is 2 truffles.